- Annual General Meeting – Members – whether persons who were not Members of the Company entitled to attend Meeting – whether directors entitled to exclude from the Meeting persons who were not Members of the Company without putting question to the vote of the Meeting -Powers of Chairman of Meeting – whether Chairman entitled to adjourn Meeting without putting question to the vote of the Meeting – Jeffrey Conyers v. Allan McDonald and Bermuda Cablevision Limited Civ. Jur. 1992 No. 496, 12 November 1992. [unreported]
- Directors’ Duties – Bermuda – Companies Act 1981, s. 98 – Pleading – Particulars – Whether case of wilful default sufficiently pleaded – Whether statement of claim should be struck out – The Bermuda Fire & Marine Insurance Co. Ltd. (in liquidation) and others v. BF&M Limited and others Civ. Jur. 1995 No’s 7 & 8, 24 July 1996 [unreported].
- Belvedere Insurance Company Limited (in liquidation) v Caliban Holdings Limited  Bda LR 42 – preliminary issue – winding up – illegal dividend – debt due and owing – statutory interpretation – reduction in capital – compliance with Companies Act – unjust enrichment – constructive trust. On appeal:  Bda LR 2 – dividend payment caused Belvedere to become insolvent – approval by Minister for reduction of statutory capital – retroactive approval – strict compliance – preliminary matter
- First Atlantic Commerce Ltd v Bank of Bermuda Ltd  Bda LR 70 – application for costs – action agreed by both sides no longer to be tried – discontinuance – indemnity costs
- Ng Pui Lung v (1) C Y Foundation Group Limited and (2) Luck Continent Limited  No. 424 – company’s refusal to hold AGM, interpretation of Bye-Laws, interpretation of Companies Act 1981
- BNY AIS Nominees Ltd and others v New Stream Capital Fund Ltd  Bda LR 34 – mutual fund companies – segregated accounts company – appointment of receiver – segregated assets under plan – impact of insolvency on directors’ ordinary management powers
What the team is known for Highly rated corporate group renowned for its proficiency in transactions related to insurance and reinsurance. Ably represents multinational investment funds, insurance corporations and clients in the financial services sector. Enjoys longstanding recognition for its