Becky advises international corporate and financial clients on all aspects of Bermuda corporate law, including public and private M&A, debt and equity financings, IPOs, corporate insurance and reinsurance transactions, including the incorporation and licensing of new insurance companies, regulatory matters, aircraft de/registration matters and investment funds. Becky’s corporate experience also includes advising clients on the corporate aspects of insolvency and restructuring.
Becky joined ASW in June 2013 from London based law firm Stephenson Harwood LLP where she practised as a Senior Associate in the corporate finance team. With her previous law firm, Becky spent time on client secondment to the Global Restructuring Group of the Royal Bank of Scotland Plc and to the in-house legal team at HSBC Insurance Brokers prior to its acquisition by Marsh.
- Acted for Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd (TSX:OR)(NYSE:OR) on the Bermuda aspects of its C$1.13 billion cash and shares acquisition of a high quality precious metals portfolio from Orion Mine Finance Group
- Acted for XL Life on the sale of its run-off life reinsurance operations to GreyCastle Holdings for $570 million
- Advised Endurance Speciality Holdings Ltd (NYSE: ENH) on its US$1.8 billion cash and shares acquisition of Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd (NYSE:MRH)
- Acted for Freescale Semiconductor, Ltd. (NYSE:FSL) on its merger with NXP Semiconductors B.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) for $40 billion
- Acted for Bridgepoint Capital, a European private equity fund, on its acquisition of the fiduciary and administration business of Appleby
- Advised the Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board on its merger with Wilton Re, a Bermuda based insurance company, for US$1.8 billion
- Advised Apollo Global Management on its acquisition of a stake in Catalina, a Bermuda based insurance group, for US$126 million
- Advising Caracal Energy Group on its US$250million loan from Natixis and Societe Generale
- The Bermuda chapter of “The Initial Public Offerings Law Review” (2017)